Day of Surgery
THE MORNING OF SURGERY:
- Please check in at the registration desk. You will be escorted to the dressing area where you will be asked to put on a hospital gown, robe, and slippers. Children will be given pajamas or a gown.
- Two people will be allowed to stay with you until it is time for you to go to the operating room. Both parents may stay with their child.
- You must sign an informed consent for your surgery. Read this carefully before signing. If you have any questions, they will be answered by your doctor prior to signing. This consent must be signed before any medication
can be given. For minors, parents or a legal guardian must sign.
- Your anesthesiologist, surgeon, and operating room nurse may visit with you before going into the operating room.
- Your family will be asked to go to the lobby waiting area. If they are going to leave the building for any length of time, they should notify the receptionist.